We've compiled a list of the questions that we are asked most often. If you don't see an answer to your question below, contact us and we'll be happy to provide the answers. If your question is urgent, give us a call at 800-475-0049.
- How often should I have my porta-potty cleaned?
When it comes to long-term portable restroom rentals there are several things to keep in mind, especially when it comes to cleaning. For low traffic units we recommend a weekly cleaning schedule, but that doesn't mean that you can't get on the schedule for a mid-week refresh if you find that your porta-john is less than satisfactory. At the end of the day our name is on the door, so the cleaner our restrooms look, the better.
We supply a large amount of portable restrooms to sports fields across Northeast Ohio. A great case for adding an extra cleaning shift to your rental agreement comes from our customers who manage or operate baseball fields. During the regular season, a once or twice a week cleaning is usually enough. But during tournament or playoff season, ball fields can double or triple in traffic. Adding additional early AM service & cleaning on Saturday or Sunday is recommended along with adding additional units to the field will help make your event a success. This ensures that your visitors will have a clean and sanitary place to go during a long day of games.
- How do you clean the portable restrooms when they are on-site?
Our service route drivers have a dirty job, no doubt about it. But at the end of the day, if a porta-potty has the Superior name on it, you should expect a Superior experience. Before the service trucks even leave our facility, we make sure they are stocked with the proper supplies and cleaning solutions. A basic toilet service includes:
- Waste is extracted from the holding tank via vacuum pump
- Empty tank is recharged with fresh water and blue deodorizer (it's kind of a secret formula)
- Interior walls, seat and other surfaces are wiped down with a cleaning solution by hand
- Floor is hand-cleaned with a scrub brush
- Floor is rinsed with water (during winter months we use a shovel to scrape off mud or ice buildup)
- Check and replace all supplies including toilet paper, hand sanitizer, paper towels or hand soap
- Final wipe and dry of entire porta potty unit
- Add the current cleaning date to the service sticker
If one of our units is not looking its best, check the cleaning date sticker. If it is from the same day, odds are you entered the unit after a heavy day of traffic. Contact the personnel responsible for the rental and let them know that one of the units needs a cleaning. During heavy traffic periods like festivals or sports tournaments, the Superior Portables service teams recommend additional early AM service & cleaning on Saturday or Sunday along with adding additional units to help make your event a success.
- How do you clean the portable toilets after you get them back?
Before any portable restroom unit or trailer leaves our facility, we take rigorous steps to ensure that it is clean and sanitary. We aren't going to sugar coat it, it is a dirty job. When the trucks pull in with a load of, well...we waste no time cleaning the units from top to bottom, literally. This is a list of our clean unit expectations:
- Pump all waste and remove all trash out of tank (and phones, keys, wallets and toys - we've seen it all)
- Inspect unit for missing rivets and replace
- Remove scent disc and any nails in the skids
- Check the toilet seat to ensure that it is tight and intact
- Remove any graffiti or foreign materials on the inside and outside of the unit
- Replace any broken vent screens
- Check the toilet paper dispenser and make sure it is in working order
- Spray the urinal and tank with cleaner and let it soak
- Clean the floor by coating with a combination of potent cleansers and using a scrub brush to remove tough stains (replace the floor cover if necessary)
- Scrub ALL interior walls, tank and roof with a rag, scrub brush and soap
- Scrub out the urinal and the inside of the tank until all calcium deposits are gone
- Rinse the unit thoroughly
- Tip the unit to access the roof, scrub with cleanser and brush to make sure the roof top is clean
- Make sure hand sanitizer is at least 30% full and test the dispenser to ensure that it is not damaged (replace sanitizer dispenser if needed)
- Double check ALL the steps above to make sure the unit is in PERFECT CLEAN CONDITION
- Pump out the unit again so the tank is dry
- Dry the inside of the unit
- Inspect and/or replace the Superior logo stickers (make sure stickers are on the front and back of units)
- Put on a NEW service date sticker / initial and date to confirm the unit was cleaned to specifications
So as you can see, we take pride in our units and their cleanliness—so much so that we put our names on them. If you find that one of our units is not looking its best, check the cleaning date sticker. If it is from the same day, odds are you entered the unit after a heavy day of traffic. Contact the personnel responsible for the rental and let them know that one of the units needs a cleaning. During heavy traffic periods like festivals or sports tournaments, the Superior Portables service team recommends early AM service & cleaning on Saturday or Sunday to ensure that your portable toilets are clean and ready for use.
- Can I report a unit that needs to be cleaned?
We take pride in our business and at the end of the day; our name is on the door. If you are renting a portable toilet from Superior or even if you happen to use one that seems to be not-so-clean, we'd like to know. Each port-o-potty rented and serviced by Superior Portables will have a service date sticker on the interior. The service date sticker will let you know the last time the unit was cleaned.
Different locations ask for and require different service schedules, but if you find a unit that needs a cleaning, please let us know. Simply call 800-475-0049 to report the unit in question.
- Can you clean and service my event early morning on weekends?
Simply put, yes. At Superior Portables, we work around your schedule. Whether you prefer evening cleaning or early morning service, our expert staff will be on site and ready to clean at the time that works best for you.
- How do I maintain portable restrooms in the winter?
Whether you’re renting our portables for a construction project or you keep porta potties open year-round in a park or municipal setting, you must take care to ensure that your portable restrooms remain fully functional when the temperatures drop.
- Remove obstacles and snow drifts from the opening to ensure proper maintenance.
- Avoid placing portables close to the street or high plow/salt areas to avoid damaging them or knocking them over.
- Service regularly: we suggest once a week to prevent freezing.
- Place the portable restroom on a dry, level surface if possible. Be sure to salt around it regularly and remove snow drifts/debris or any other obstacles from the entrance.
- Do not remove rock salt from the urinals—it’s there for a reason!
If you have further questions about winterization and maintenance, call us at 800-457-0049.
- Where can I find material safety data sheets (MSDS) information about your cleaning products?
If you are looking for material safety data sheets (MSDS) for our blue cleaner, look no further. Our goal is to help keep you and your job site compliant. Download the MSDS form today.
- How many portable restrooms do I need for my event?
There are a few questions that we like to ask to help us to determine the quantity and style of portable restroom you need for your event. To get a basic idea, you can use our event calculator as a jumping off point. Other factors to take into consideration include:
- How many hours is your event?
- Will there be alcohol served?
- Do you need handicap accessible restrooms?
If you still have questions you can contact someone from our staff at 800-475-0049.
- Can you deliver a portable toilet to my home?
The short answer is yes. From backyard barbecues to home remodeling projects, there are plenty of reasons to have a portable restroom delivered to your home. Here are a few things to consider about residential rentals:
- Is the drop-off/pick-up location accessible by our truck?
- Does the hose from our pump truck reach the tank?
- Is there a fence or gate that would prevent the unit from fitting into the final location?
- What is the damage waiver program?
Superior Portables offers our customers a Damage Waiver Program to make sure they’re protected in case damage occurs to our portable restrooms when they are on site.
Q: What does the Damage Waiver Program cover?
A: The Damage Waiver Program covers normal wear and tear and vandalized equipment only with a police report.
Q: What constitutes normal wear and tear?
A: Normal wear and tear results from deterioration of the equipment caused by ordinary, reasonable and prior use of the equipment. Damage from things such as improper use or items other than waste in the tanks is not considered normal wear and tear.
Q: Is lost, stolen or burned equipment covered?
A: The Damage Waiver Program does not cover lost, stolen or burned equipment.
Q: Do I have to enroll in the Damage Waiver Program?
A: You can choose not to take the damage waiver, but you must provide proof of insurance that lists Superior-Speedie Portable Services Inc. as additional insured at no charge to SSPS.
Q: What should I do if Superior Portables’ equipment is lost, stolen or burned?
A: In this case, you must notify SSPS immediately and obtain the names, addresses, phone numbers and other pertinent information from all parties or witnesses involved and contact the local police.
If you have any more questions about our Damage Waiver Program, give us a call at 800-475-0049.
- Where should I place my portable toilet or restroom trailer?
We get asked all the time where our customers should place their porta potty Since each situation is unique there isn't one catch-all answer. However, there are a few guidelines to consider when deciding where to place your rental porta potties and shower trailers.
- The most important thing when placing portable restrooms is to ensure they are in a dry and level area. You don't want them to tip over or float away.
- If your portable restrooms are for a special event, consider accessibility:
- Restrooms should be placed in a central location or strategically placed throughout the event grounds, so guests have easy access.
- Ensure that your portable restrooms are near where food and beverages are being served.
- If you use porta potties during the winter, place them on high ground so they don't become surrounded by melted snow puddles or ice.
- If your event requires shower or restroom trailers instead of porta potties, the trailers must be accessible to service trucks. Make sure there isn't anything like trees or bodies of water that could block the path.
- Most of our shower and restroom trailers require electricity and a garden hose hookup for water. The ideal trailer location is an open space with access to both electricity and water.
If you have any more questions regarding portable restroom placement, contact us online or give us a call at 800-475-0049.
Restroom & Shower Trailers
- Do restroom and shower trailers need access to running water to work?
In general, a hose connection is needed. But in the case where there is no access to water, our trailers do have onboard fresh water tanks that we are happy to make arrangements to fill.
- Do restroom & shower trailers require access to electricity to work?
Yes! Our restroom and portable shower trailers do require electricity to work, and the number of outlets for each trailer depends on the size of the trailer. In most cases we can rent small generators if no power is available.
- How early should I reserve a restroom or shower trailer for my event?
To make sure you have full access to our inventory, it’s best to give us as much advance notice as possible. Most customers contact us at least two months ahead of their event. If you are short on time, we can usually help last minute, though sometimes that will add to your overall cost.
- How much room do I need at my event venue for my restroom or shower trailer?
Our trailers vary in size, but we generally require an area anywhere from 10X9 up to 40X12 on a flat, solid surface.
- Do you offer handicap or ADA compliant portable restroom and shower trailers?
Yes, we do! Our inventory is limited with these types of trailers, however, so be sure to contact us at least two months before you event to reserve your trailers.
- Can I decorate the inside or outside of a portable restroom trailer for my wedding?
Yes! As long we there are no holes or permanent marks left on the trailers, you are welcome to decorate. Some popular ideas include setting photos of the bride and groom when they were younger inside the trailer or arranging flowers or plants on outside of trailers.
- How do you clean restroom and shower trailers?
Cleaning a restroom or shower trailer is like cleaning your restroom at your house. Use normal household cleaners and mops for floors. Our crew will always clean out waste tanks with high pressure water and disinfectant after each rental to ensure that it is ready to go for the next rental.
- Where does the waste go when you flush a restroom trailer toilet?
All our restroom trailers are equipped with onboard waste tanks that are located out of the way under the trailer between frame rails.
- Do you supply the toilet paper and paper towels in restroom trailers?
When we deliver a restroom trailer, it is completely stocked and ready to use. We make sure that each trailer is equipped with toilet paper, hand soap and hand towels. Just in case, we also leave extra supplies inside the storage closet.
- Do you supply soap and shampoo for shower trailer rentals?
Shower trailers typically do not come with soap or shampoo. Most users bring their own toiletries, so we have not found an ongoing need for these types of supplies.
- What is the average cost for a long-term restroom or shower trailer rental?
Monthly rentals start at $2500 per month, and each rental requires an additional delivery, set up, tear down and removal fee. We can also make arrangements to pump out the unit during your rental if needed.
In any case, we’ve found that each rental requires something different so click on the Live Chat button below or contact one of our customer service agents to assist you in getting the most accurate quote.
- Is there a discount for long-term rentals?
Yes! We do offer discounts for long term rentals. Please contact our office for details.
- Do you perform scheduled cleaning on long-term rentals?
Yes. We are happy to schedule pump outs and cleaning service on long term bathroom rentals if needed.
- What am I responsible for during set up and tear down?
For set up, the customer is responsible for providing electrical outlets and extension cords to power the trailer and a garden hose for water supply. If the customer cannot provide electricity or running water, let us know beforehand so we can bring a generator or fill the onboard water tank. The trailer comes pre-set-up. No physical labor is required for the customer during delivery or pick up.
- What happens when the waste tank is full?
We usually run a hose from the waste tank to a drain to ensure that it is never full, but sometimes that option is not available. If that's the case, we come out and empty your waste tank when it fills up.